Vacancies at Carcinus Ltd
If you would like to be considered for any of our vacancies, please complete the form below. Current opportunities are advertised below, so please check the website regularly for updates or sign up to our newsletter via the link at the bottom of this page to receive our latest news and vacancies via email.
As a growing organisation, we are always interested to hear from candidates who have marine and freshwater ecological and environmental experience. Specifically within the areas of benthic ecology, fisheries, asset inspection, environmental consents and licensing and environmental impact assessment.
If this sounds like you, then please send your CV and a covering letter via the form on this page (select ‘Speculative’ as the ‘Job Role’).
Offshore Survey Personnel
We undertake a wide range of offshore survey services and are interested in hearing from freelance personnel who may wish to be considered for offshore environmental survey work. All prospective candidates must hold relevant offshore safety / survival (Boseit) and medical certificates (e.g., OGUK).
Does this sound like you? If so, then please send your CV and a covering letter via the form on this page (select ‘Freelance’ as the ‘Job Role’).
Marine and Freshwater Ecologist
Location: Southampton, other locations considered depending upon experience and circumstance
Salary: Competitive (dependent upon experience), plus benefits package
Deadline: 18th October 2019
About the Role
In response to our rapid growth and expanding client base, Carcinus is offering an exciting opportunity for a motivated and commercially-minded aquatic ecologist. Carcinus provides a unique mixture of highly specialised environmental services for aquatic environments. We therefore seek an individual with the passion and desire to be involved in a wide range of services, ranging from environmental consultancy, fisheries and benthic ecology surveys, to utilising technologies such as ROVs and aerial UAVs for ecological and asset inspection purposes. Our team provides these specialist services throughout the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate their ability to operate within a commercial context and will be expected to work directly with the company Directors and management teams to provide our current service offering and shape our growing capabilities.
Our benefits package includes flexible working arrangements, 27 days holiday (increasing in line with length of service), pension, cycle to work scheme.
You will have:
- Commercial experience of undertaking freshwater and / or marine ecological surveys;
- Experience of drafting technical environmental and ecological reports;
- Past experience of providing technical input for environmental impact assessments and associated planning / licensing documentation;
- Knowledge of environmental planning and consenting and associated legislation;
- Attention to detail and a commitment to producing accurate and high-quality deliverables and services; and
- A commercial mindset with experience of providing input into tendering and bids from within a commercial setting.
- Degree in relevant field;
- Good problem solving;
- Ability to swim and work on boats;
- Full driving licence;
- Ability and desire to work outdoors in all weathers and aboard sea going vessels;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Ability to travel and work away from home; and
- Good IT skills.
- Relevant professional memberships and accreditations;
- Experience of working offshore with associated medical (OGUK) and Boseit etc;
- Additional relevant qualifications and certifications e.g., electrofishing, HSE first aid;
- Experience of using GIS for data interpretation and presentation purposes;
- Experience of image analysis and data interpretation (including statistical methods) for benthic ecological purposes;
- Knowledge and experience of benthic taxonomic ID and analysis;
- Existing or desire to obtain UAV Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO); and
- Understanding of electronics, networking and interfacing of computer and survey systems.
About Carcinus Ltd
Carcinus Ltd was established in 2016; since that time, Carcinus has undergone rapid growth in terms of revenue, capability and innovation and is now a leading provider of specialist aquatic environmental consultancy and survey services in the UK.
From our base in Southampton, we provide consultancy advice and support as well as ecological, environmental and asset inspection survey services to clients throughout the UK and overseas, with projects as far afield as the Middle East and the Arctic circle. Our clients operate in a range of industry sectors including, civil engineering and construction, ports and harbours, oil and gas, new and existing nuclear power, renewable energy (including offshore wind, tidal energy and wave energy), public sector, government, NGOs, transport and water.
Through our use of the latest technologies, techniques, innovation and recognised best practice, we aim to lead the way in providing robust and reliable environmental advice, services and support to the industry.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete the form above and provide a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role along with an accompanying CV.