News and Updates from Carcinus Ltd
Please find below the latest news and updates about the environmental solutions and advice that our environmental consultants are providing to our clients.
If you require additional information on any of our current or past activities, please contact us via our contact page or social media.
- Lamprey Survey Population Assessment – River Itchen SAC SSSI10/09/2018Lamprey condition assessment Carcinus Ltd has been commissioned by Natural England and the Environment Agency to undertake a catchment wide lamprey population study on the River Itchen, Hampshire. The River Itchen is a designated Special Area of Conservation (SAC) and a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI). The river forms part of Natural England’s “Hampshire chalk catchment” focus area and […]
- Intertidal Surveys Heritage Ecosystem Services25/08/2018Carcinus alongside MSDS Marine recently undertook a two-day public participation intertidal survey on the Sandwich Flats, Kent. The survey focused on four wreck sites and their surrounding environments within the bay. The study aimed to investigate the relationship between the social and economic value of the wrecks and their archaeological heritage and ecological importance. The survey formed […]
- Fisheries Management Estuarine Coastal Waters Conference24/05/2018Carcinus Ltd is delighted to be attending the 8th Annual IFM Specialist Conference – Fisheries Management in Estuarine and Coastal Waters and joining with professionals in the industry to explore the challenges of management of fisheries within estuarine and coastal waters. Carcinus Ltd provides a wide range of marine ecological survey and consultancy services in relation to fisheries management […]
- Historic England – Heritage in Ecosystems Services05/03/2018Carcinus Ltd is delighted to be working alongside MSDS Marine Ltd in support of a Historic England project researching how the heritage sector may engage with the ecosystems services approach and natural capital assessments. Such assessments aim to identify the value of the environment through its ability to provide social and economic benefits. Together we will be undertaking a case study along […]
- Meet Us at Oceanology International 201802/03/2018Carcinus Limited will be attending this year’s Oceanology International at ExCeL London on 13th March 2018. Please contact us if you are interested to meet with our team during the exhibition to discuss our marine ecology and environmental survey services and the innovative approaches and modern technologies we employ. We look forward to meeting with you and discussing how we can support you and […]