News and Updates from Carcinus Ltd
Please find below the latest news and updates about the marine and freshwater ecological and environmental solutions and advice that our specialist consultants and ecologists are providing to our clients.
If you require additional information on any of our current or past activities, please contact us via our contact page or social media.
- River Restoration Centre Membership and Conference23/03/2019Membership of the River Restoration Centre We are proud to announce that Carcinus is now a member of the River Restoration Centre (RRC), as a specialist aquatic environmental consultancy and survey company, our services are a perfect fit with the those offered and promoted by the RRC. Carcinus provides a wide range of ecological and environmental services for freshwater environments both within […]
- Supporting Future Fisheries Scientists14/03/2019Throughout the course of last summer, Carcinus Ltd were engaged in numerous freshwater fisheries and ecological studies involving protected species monitoring, habitat mapping and electric fishing. This gave us the ideal opportunity to partner with Sparsholt University Centre to offer students the chance of gaining some practical work experience. With all the relevant permissions and licences in […]
- Lamprey Survey Population Assessment – River Itchen SAC SSSI10/09/2018Lamprey condition assessment Carcinus Ltd has been commissioned by Natural England and the Environment Agency to undertake a catchment wide lamprey population study on the River Itchen, Hampshire. The River Itchen is a designated Special Area of Conservation (SAC) and a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI). The river forms part of Natural England’s “Hampshire chalk catchment” focus area and […]
- Intertidal Surveys Heritage Ecosystem Services25/08/2018Carcinus alongside MSDS Marine recently undertook a two-day public participation intertidal survey on the Sandwich Flats, Kent. The survey focused on four wreck sites and their surrounding environments within the bay. The study aimed to investigate the relationship between the social and economic value of the wrecks and their archaeological heritage and ecological importance. The survey formed […]
- Fisheries Management Estuarine Coastal Waters Conference24/05/2018Carcinus Ltd is delighted to be attending the 8th Annual IFM Specialist Conference – Fisheries Management in Estuarine and Coastal Waters and joining with professionals in the industry to explore the challenges of management of fisheries within estuarine and coastal waters. Carcinus Ltd provides a wide range of marine ecological survey and consultancy services in relation to fisheries management […]